Please see our curriculum newsletter, home learning grids, letters and any extra class information below. Remember to follow us on Twitter (@HighwoodSchool) where we will be sharing the excellent learning that happens at Highwood.
- Year 6 Summer 2 Spelling List (510.89KB)
- Year 6 Summer 2 Home learning Grid (741.51KB)
- Year 6 Summer 1 Spelling Grid (496.46KB)
- Year 6 Summer 1 Home Learning Grid (665.67KB)
- Year 6 Spring 2 Spelling List (497.93KB)
- Year 6 Spring 2 Home Learning Grid (670.88KB)
- Year 6 Home Learning Grid spring 2023 (631.47KB)
- Year 6 Newsletter spring 2023 (1.08MB)
World Book Day 2022
The children had a fantastic day celebrating the wonderful world of books. They dressed up as the favourite characters. carried out fun reading activities and challenges and too part in fun buddy reading with younger children. All of them sharing their love and enjoyment of books.
Maths in Gymnastics
Using their gymnastics skills, the children developed their maths learning by creating symmetrical paired balances.
P.E. – Gymnastics
In their P.E. lessons the children have focussed on balances in gymnastics, on the floor and on apparatus.
Trip to RAF Hendon
As part of their learning about World War Two, the children visited the RAF Museum at Hendon. It helped to bring to life their class learning. The children found out about the experiences of the RAF during the war, could see up close the machines used and even had a workshop about school life during the war and the Blitz.