Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play.
Highwood Primary School is committed to providing an environment in which every child feels safe and can reach their full potential. We do this through having robust systems in place to follow up on all incidents, always remaining vigilant and taking the approach “it does happen here“.
If you are a pupil at the school and are concerned about something (no matter how small) or if you have any concerns about a pupil at the school, you can contact the following school team members:
The Designated Safeguarding Lead for Child Protection is Bindu Rai.
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads are Zahidah Dodwell, Lynda Marriott, Vicky Fernandes and Rajneet Khindey.
Alternatively, you can come and see us in person at school or you can complete the form that the Office team will provide. Please ensure you put your name and contacts details if you would like us to respond to you (you may report anonymously if you wish).
If anyone is in immediate danger, please ensure you call 999
For help and advice about the internet safety please speak to your child’s class teacher and look at one of the following helpful websites listed below.
- HfL online safety newsletter summer 2023 (490.41KB)
- Child Looked After Policy 2022 (977.07KB)
- Online Safety Policy 2022 (676.27KB)
- Online Safety Acceptable Use Agreement (339.36KB)
- Online Safety Policy Guide (336.26KB)
- Welfare and Safety Overview Guidance 2022 (335.53KB)
- Child Protection Policy 2022-2023 (1.05MB)
- Risk Assessment for Covid-19 School Opening (836.82KB)
- Intimate Care Policy (551.78KB)