Who are we?
Friends of Highwood is a voluntary organisation run by the parents of children that attend the school. The sole purpose of Friends is raising funds that can be used by the school to improve amenities and to enhance the learning experience of the children.
Every year, the volunteers of Friends raise approximately £10,000 upwards for the school through the organisation of social activities such as the Summer/Christmas Fairs, Discos, Easter Egg Hunt, Secret Santa Shopping Room, Bingo Nights, Indulgence Evenings, Quiz Nights, Non School Uniform Days, Mad Hair days etc. In addition, Friends raise funds through the organisation of children’s tea towels, Christmas cards, catalogues etc.
In previous years, this money has been used by the school for the provision of:
|Stage/Stage curtains||Gazebos||Tables and Benches|
|Library Books||Aprons||Bottled Water for Sports Day|
|External Workshops||Entertainers/Shows||Science/Maths/World Week|
|Gardening Equipment||Foundation stage outdoor area||Class Parties|
- To promote activities that enhance the joy and well-being of Highwood Primary School students in ways that enrich their learning environment
- To create a welcoming and vibrant school community and enhance the relationship among the school, parents and wider community
- To provide volunteer and financial support, through fundraising, for school programs that result in nurturing and educating of all pupils
We plan to achieve this through
- Collaboration; working in partnership with an array of individuals and organisations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve all children and families within our school
- Commitment; we are dedicated to children’s educational success, health and well being through strong family and community relationships
- Diversity; we acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard
- Respect; we value the individual contributions of volunteers, staff, parents, children and the wider community
- Accountability; all volunteers, staff, parents, children and community members have a shared responsibility to align their efforts towards the achievement of the charity’s goals.
How you can get involved
- Speak to your class rep (you will find a poster with their picture on your classroom door)
- Catch one of the coordinators on the playground
- Email us at email@example.com
- Leave your details with school reception and one of us will be in touch
If you are interested in getting involved in supporting Friends or would simply like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me on the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or catch me on the playground.
New helpers are always welcome.
- Friends AGM 2020 (495KB)
- Highwood School Lottery (773KB)
- Christmas Fair 2019 Poster (69KB)
- Christmas Hamper Poster 2019 (331KB)