Please see our curriculum newsletter, home learning grids, letters and any extra class information below. Remember to follow us on Twitter (@HighwoodSchool) where we will be sharing the excellent learning that happens at Highwood.
- Reception Summer 2 Home learning Grid (679.87KB)
- Reception Summer 2 Curriculum Newsletter (1,005.38KB)
- Reception Summer 1 Home Learning Grid (682.53KB)
- Reception Summer 1 Curriculum Newsletter (1,011.06KB)
- Reception Spring 2 Home Learning Grid (683.36KB)
- Reception Spring 2 Curriculum Newsletter (1,007.15KB)
- Reception Home Learning Grid spring 2023 (653.61KB)
- Reception Newsletter spring 2023 (841.63KB)
The Department for Education has published a guide for parents, produced by Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre – ‘What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage’ (formerly ‘What to expect when’) which guides parents through what to expect in their child’s development. It aligns with the new Development Matters to help practitioners engage with parents about their child’s development. Please click on the link below to view this useful document.
World Book day in Reception
The children had a fantastic day, dressing up and experiencing amazing activities based around the wonderful world of books. They loved the chance to buddy read with children in key stage 2, and share their love of books.
Amazing Fun while Learning
The children in Reception have a fantastic time at school. They learn through amazing hands on, fun experiences. These activities cover all aspects of the curriculum.