History of the School and Facilities
Highwood Primary School was first established in 1949. It has since been wholly rebuilt, moving from its original location on Bushey Mill Lane to Mead Way, Bushey. The school then underwent significant rectification works following a devastating flood in June 2016; this work on the building and on the surrounding grounds took more than 2 years to complete but we were able to begin the Autumn Term of 2018 with the school and its fantastic facilities complete once again. Highwood is a thriving, dynamic, forward-thinking school for children aged three to eleven years of age. We admit sixty pupils per year group. Currently there are approximately 435 pupils on roll.
Our school building and extensive grounds enable us to think, plan and work differently. Our teaching spaces encourage us to be creative in our approaches to teaching. There are many opportunities to enable learning to take place outdoors. Our courtyards and zoned curriculum spaces are at the heart of the school and are designed to enrich children’s learning through enabling first-hand discovery and wide scope for play. Our school’s grounds are landscaped and designed to stimulate children’s curiosity and their appreciation of the world around them – our pond, allotment, wild areas and amphitheatre space are all aimed at enriching the children’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social experiences.
Drive Through Working Party
- Minutes - 9.02.22 (506.00KB)
- Minutes - 8.11.21 (509.28KB)